Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bring on the Dyson

Upon consuming a giant dark chocolate peanut butter cup, almost entire family size jar of pickles and salt and vinegar potato chips in one sitting, I complained to my husband that I didn't feel well. He smiled and gave me the following cheeky reply:

"You are not a vacuum."

It made my stomach hurt even more to laugh.

I think the fact that I, the class act, am using a rubber band to keep my pants closed when my {stupid} books tell me that most women do not gain much or any weight in their first trimester, indicates otherwise. I would say that my being a human vacuum was a one time thing, but I will take the realistic route, which is an overdue shopping trip for some dreaded maternity clothes. And more pickles.

5 comments:

Marla said...

The only thing wrong with what you ate is that you really should be sharing the peanut butter cups with all of us. Just sayin'.

Where do Cheetos fit into the equation?

Stace said...

Cheetos, yes. My man bought a bag home last month, then the next day asked where it was. Um, haven't we learned that if you leave me unattended with Cheetos bad things happen?

Anonymous said...

Where did you find a dark chocolate peanut butter cup?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm flashing back to the last time I saw you with a big bag of Cheetos...

Stace said...

The dark chocolate peanut butter cup was from a gourmet candy store, hence it being the size of my hand, but Newman's Own makes them too- you can get them in a pack of three at a health food store or most Whole Foods. Ironic, I know...