Monday, January 7, 2008

BYOP (Bring Your Own Pillow)

I finally acquiesced to my growing size, which I will blame on Two Lines, but really should blame on the copious amounts of food I consume these days, and went to a maternity store. While trying on maternity jeans (the un-sexiest article of clothing imaginable), I noticed that hanging from the hook in the dressing room was a round pillow with a velcro strap. The overly cheerful sales woman explained that I should put the pillow around my belly so I can see how I will look in these pants in three months. I laughed, but apparently she wasn't kidding about her oh so sanitary and inviting idea. Oops. There are certain types of things I enjoy putting in my pants, but, ahem, this was not one of them.

So I left the store without maternity jeans, but instead bought a very sparkly purple dress on sale that I could try on sans pillow. It totally makes me look like an eggplant, but at least an eggplant can conjure up the image of yumminess, say smothered in garlic sauce. The maternity jeans, not so much.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ROTFL!!!
Don't you wish you still lived by Be By Baby!