Monday, June 30, 2008

There Are Worse Things I Could Do

A dear friend of mine shared the exciting news the other day that he completed an Iron Man triathlon. I am so beyond impressed, as I see swimming 2.4 miles, biking 100 miles and running a marathon each extraordinary feats unto themselves, let alone doing all these things in one day. Given that my athleticism consists of nothing more than walking and pre-natal yoga, I realize that an Iron Man is something I will never accomplish in my lifetime. I must say that I am totally okay with that. In fact, I can't think of anything I'd rather do less, including experiencing labor, which as you all know I am not looking forward to... I got a flash in my head of the scene from the movie Grease where Rizzo started singing "There Are Worse Things I Could Do" after making out with Knickie. It made me realize that there are things in life I'd rather do less than labor, with an Iron Man topping the list. Here are other things that come to mind:

-See Dick Cheney naked
-Take the bar exam again
-Make out with Flava Flav
-Be in a Turkish Prison
-Sit through a Trace Adkins concert
-Attend a Mel Gibson film festival

I know there has to be more. Please feel free to add in the comments section.

I totally feel better now.

3 comments:

Marla said...

I get the feeling you might not like to do these things:

* Attend a Rick Santorum campaign rally
* Work at Grunfeld again
* Moonlight as a septic-tank cleaner
* Be Jennifer Lopez's personal assistant and/or the nanny of her twins
* Swamp Walk
* Live on a boat
* Do math
* Give up Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream forever
* Be a contestant on American Idol during Celine Dion Week
* Take a cross-country road trip with that velour-tracksuit-wearing guy who was your landlord who let his friends break into your apartment

Am I forgetting anything?

Anonymous said...

Crazy...I watched part of Grease again last weekend on HBO & damn if that little ditty didn't get stuck in my craw for days afterwards! And now, here it is - again!

I'm thinking: attending a McCain rally and when he punctuates one of his speeches with some bullshit about "staying the course", pumping your fist over your head & shouting, "Woooo-hoooooooooooooooo!"

Anonymous said...

-==================

Um, my cat just jumped on the key77777board so I can only imagine that he's trying to say, "giving up wet food and 6-hour naps."