Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nice To Meet You Too

This past weekend, my husband and I attended a holiday BBQ hosted by his cousin's extended family that we've never met. Not five minutes after we arrived, a little kid about three years old came running up to me and gave me a huge bear hug. It was quite sweet really. His grandmother ran after him, and after introductions, explained to her grandson that I had a baby in my belly. He became very pensive, then put his hand on my belly and yelled "baby!" I told him that, yes there is a baby in there. He then proceeded to shove his hand between my legs, lifted up my dress in the process and yelled "baby!" again. Um, kid, baby is not ready to come out yet and meet the family. In fact, I just met these people and wasn't quite planning on the first thing for them to learn about me is what kind of underwear I wear.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i just peed my pants a little!! too funny!!!

Marla said...

I guess just be glad it wasn't a work party?